
Ethan, a week or so ago, came down with a cough that progressively got worse. We took him to the doctor, and the doctor said: allergies. What?
Amberlee also came down with a cough-- and a fever. In she went to the doctor, and the doctor said: maybe her teeth? She sounds horrible. Just kinda sits there and whines while looking at you through puppy-dog eyes. Yet, she continues to smile and giggle.
Preston woke up with a cough this morning. No plans to take him to the doctor yet. But, the cough sounded an awful lot like the croup. Luckily, he "barked" only a few times when he woke up, and I haven't heard it again these past few hours.
Michelle and Chrissa-- so far, so good. Knock on a piece of wood for us.
Me? Well, "sickness" is such a vague word for me. Mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally... sickness could be used to describe me for any number of these on any given day.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. We moved from Idaho-- a very dry place overall-- in November, and now we are in Pennsylvania in the spring. There isnt a day that goes by without some rain. Plus, PA is now awash in blooms and grass and trees. You can't find a bare patch of dirt.
Nevertheless, I'm thinking I might be able to cash in on this. Given Michelle's ability to care for all of us at the same time, I think she should be eligible for some honorary nursing degree or something. Then, we could open up the Jensen Infirmary, right here in our little townhome. And I could retire early, buy my Harley (see below), and tour the country.

0 comments:
Post a Comment