We really screwed up. Ethan lost his first tooth yesterday. He was so excited... the Tooth Fairy would finally be coming!I despise that stupid Tooth Fairy. As Ethan got his tooth ready for the night, he went to bed with full anticipation for the morning surprise under his pillow.
Ha! We went to bed, too. Nice.
This morning, a very upset Ethan came into the room. "The Tooth Fairy didn't come!!" Michelle and I quickly gave each other the "look"-- as if to mentally say to each other, "CRAP! WE DID IT AGAIN!!"
Five or 6 years ago, Chrissa lost her first tooth. And, the Tooth Fairy forgot her's as well. With a quick diversion, we were able to slip the dollar bill under her pillow when she wasn't looking, and than say, "Oh look! Here it is! That silly Tooth Fairy accidentally put it inside the pillow case!"
And so it went this morning. As we directed Ethan to look under the bed for the mysterious disappearance of the Tooth Fairy surprise ("Maybe it slipped off the bed in the middle of the night!?"), I did the Harry Houdini trick of sliding the dollar bill under his pillow. As he came up and lifted the pillow, we were all relieved to see it lying there.
"See? She didn't forget you." He was so excited. There simply is too many make-believe people to keep track of.
3 comments:
We loved the story. That darn tooth fairy has stuck the dollar in our daughter's pillow case too....I don't know what she is thinking!
Actually, I have delegated that task to Craig and he almost always forgets. Caitlin probably thinks the tooth fairy is one of the biggest flakes around! :D
Heck...we only got 25 cents per tooth! I should think a dollar per tooth would be worth waiting a whole month for! :)
Grandma "H"
O.k ..so I will admit..the tooth fairy at our house has forgot about many a teeth. Isnt it great how our children just didnt look hard enough for their money! All i can say is that the Fairy is smooth!
Post a Comment